Click on palette and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Click on palette and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!
Click on palette above and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Quick Post to get started again!


Hi folks,
Haven't posted in some time, my older computer died which messed me up until I got up to snuff on this new one.  It's 3 am and I woke from a sound sleep with an idea on how to get back on and it worked!  And so I will make a quick posting from recent events.

Below is "Girl with Wild Hair," and oil "Wipe-Out" painting I demoed at the Sebastian River Art Club.  Process is, I put dollops of sap green and alizarin crimson all over the canvas, then brush them together, slightly mixing them, leaving a rich red-brown covering with variations of greens and reds.  Then with a rag wrapped over my finger I pull the image out, refining it at the end with Q-tips, turpentine, and little touches of other color here and there.  It's fast and fun, and the audience loves it.  This is the second time I've done this one, the face of which was inspired by one of Rembrandt's ladies.
"Woman with Wild Hair" Oil Wipe-Out by Judy Burgarella




Another "sort of" portrait was part of a mural project Christine Thomas was doing on the exterior of a school.  She was nearing deadline and just ran out of time, so I pitched in and painted the principle parachuting, with a boat underneath, pictured.  Used acrylic, and it was tricky painting on the rough bricks, but ok for a quickie.

Detail from Mural at Vero Beach school, acrylic

I also added one of the teachers poised sitting on a turtle.  Christine painted the turtle, which is her forte.

Below is a beautiful portrait from a student, Eugene Dail, who was in the Vero Beach Museum class.  He finished it up in my studio under my direction, and did a fabulous job of his wife.

Eugene Dail with his acrylic portrait of "Kathy"
 Yesterday I pitched in at the Museum in a children's class, "Kidz Art" with Christine Thomas, and dropped off  the prospectus for my fall acrylic portrait class.  And so I will begin another session when the weather cools down.

Now that I have found the formula to update all my blogs, I will do so when time permits.  Hope you enjoyed this one.

Judy Burgarella,
Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment