Click on palette and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Click on palette and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!
Click on palette above and watch Judy paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Ethiopian"

Not quite finished with this one, but it started out today as a quick acrylic demo at the Sebastian River Art Club, in my class, and I just couldn't let it alone.  What a face on this native African, strong cheekbones, great cut of his chin ... except when I got it home and looked at it in another light, he looked a bit feminine ...  and beautiful.  Consequently, he may turn out to be a she.  Besides, there were some wonderful female ear adornments and headdresses and hairdos that I would just love to paint in.  Just have to soften the cut of the chin, make the lips a little redder, and put some eyelashes in and she'll be stunning.  I love the way she's looking straight at you with such strength, courage and conviction.  An intelligent and agile mind behind those eyes I would say.  . . . What a bunch of dribble because she's not real--and she's not even a she yet.  But people will entertain themselves reading her face and her eyes long after she is launched into a frame.

This photo doesn't do it justice, as there are so many colors mixed into his lights and shadows that can't be seen except in person.  Can't wait to work on this one again ... hope I can keep my inspiration with it.

"Ethiopian" Acrylic by Judy Burgarella, 8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment